Access Statement for The Kingsmills Hotel
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The Kingsmills Hotel, set within acres of manicured grounds is the perfect blend of historic tradition, contemporary design and passionate service. Originally built in 1785, the hotel is situated 1 mile from the city centre with plenty of complimentary onsite parking.
We have 147 bedrooms, of which, 7 are accessible rooms – 6 on the ground floor and 1 that requires access via an elevator. All rooms are step free with accessible bathrooms. All bedrooms have safety pull cords, handrails, and 2 have wet room facilities with low level wash basins.
We offer a leisure club, beauty spa and nail bar, hairdresser, choice of restaurants and lounge bar.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01463 237 166 or send us an email.
- Our postcode for directions is IV2 3LP for Sat Nav devices
- The Inverness railway station is one mile away and takes about 10 minutes in a taxi
- The Numbers 2 and 5 buses stop near the hotel, just ask for Kingsmills Road. There is a slight hill from the bus stop
- The airport is 15 minutes away by taxi
- Mobility repairs from Able Care on 01463 233 900, Seafield Road, Inverness
- Mobility Equipment Inverness – Scooters, wheelchairs and walking aids can be hired on 0844 921 0158
Car Parking and Arrival
- We have 150 complimentary car parking spaces including accessible. The car park is tarmac surface
- The car park is flood lit and all on one level
- the entrance to the hotel has a canopy which is lit and all on one level
Main Entrance / Reception / Welcome Area
- Reception is on the ground floor and has level access throughout
- The floor surface is carpet and tiles
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting and lamps
- There is a hearing loop installed in reception
- The reception is manned 24 hrs per day
- A magnifying glass, pen and paper is available
- There is a wide choice of comfortable seating in reception which can be used during check in procedure
- All of the above also applies to our Kingsclub which is our exclusive wing set within the grounds and also directly accessible from the car park
- We have 6 accessible rooms in total in the Kingsmills Hotel, and 1 accessible room in our Exclusive Kingsclub and Spa
- Entry doors in the Kingsmills Hotel is 900mm and in the Kingsclub 875mm
- Some items of furniture can be moved on request
- Twin beds available in some of our accessible rooms
- Clear space next to the bed in Kingsmills Hotel is 1700mm in The Kingsclub 1260mm
- The height to the top of the mattress in the Kingsmills Hotel is 660mm and 670mm in the Kingsclub
- We have additional lamps available on request
- Low hanging wardrobe rails available in the accessible rooms along with non feather bedding
- Rooms are fitted with visual alerts in case of emergency.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in accessible rooms and are provided with water bowls, doggie snacks and poop-bags!
- We are also a dog friendly hotel and allow dog holidays in our patio rooms (again with water bowls, dog biscuits and poo bags provided). Our patio rooms have private access onto our gardens. Dogs are charged at £20 extra per dog for the additional cleaning of the room.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- All bedrooms are ensuite with a clear door space of 885 mm in the Kingsmills Hotel and 880 mm in the Kingsclub
- The wash basins are 725mm in height in the Kingsmills Hotel and 740mm in the Kingsclub
- The WC sit at a height from the floor of 495mm in the Kingsmills Hotel and 490mm in the Kingsclub
- There is a clear space under the wash basin
- In the Kingsmills Hotel there are 2 adjustable grab rails at the WC, 2 at the wash basin and 4 in the shower along with a shower seat
- In the Kingsclub there are 2 grab rails at the WC, 2 at the wash basin and 1 in the shower along with a shower seat
- All wash basins have lever taps
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas are wide and well lit with a combination of overhead and wall lights
- Corridors are 2310mm wide in the Kingsmills hotel and 3270mm wide in The Kingsclub
- We have 3 elevators throughout the hotel and all have audio support
- Refuge area at the end of the corridors on the luxury wing, however reception maintains a list of all guests who would require assistance and staff are immediately dispatched to assist on alarm sounding
Public Areas – Lounges, Lobbies
- The lounge area is a very welcoming space with comfortable sofas and chairs. It is on the ground floor with level access from reception
- Width of door into the lounge from reception is 1180mm and the accessible WC is 30m from the lounge
- There are 3 steps from the lounge into our Conservatory restaurant.
- Lighting is a mixture of natural day light and lamps and wall lights and overhead lights
- The floor is carpeted
- table service from the bar is available
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
- We have 2 restaurants in the hotel; The Conservatory Restaurant and The Inglis Restaurant
- The entrance to the Conservatory and the Inglis is 1600mm. There are 3 steps down to the Conservatory Restaurant and can be accessed using a portable ramp which staff are fully trained in using. The Inglis access is on the level and within the Inglis there are 2 steps up to the bay window area but majority of tables are on the level
- The Inglis Restaurant is carpeted and the Conservatory is a wooden floor.
- Tables have a clear space underneath of 750mm
- Staff are more than happy to assist with reading of menus
- Distance to the accessible WC is 44m from the Conservatory and 52m from The Inglis
- Both restaurants are table service for lunch and dinner
- Breakfast is normally buffet service but guests can be served at their table by staff
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated in all areas of food service throughout the hotel.
- Public and accessible toilets can be found on the ground level with level access from the reception, lounge, restaurants, bar and meeting rooms.
- Accessible toilets are fitted with alarm pull cords.
- Entrance to public toilets are 910mm and cubicles entrance is 645mm with a clear space around the WC of 1600mm x 1400mm
- The WC sits at a height of 490mm with grab rails on the left hand side
- Wash basins have lever taps
- Leisure facilities comprise of gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and pool. The leisure club is on the ground level of the hotel
- 3 steps into the Jacuzzi and 3 steps into the pool
- Width of doors into the pool is 840mm and 770 mm into changing areas with an entrance of 880mm into the gym
- There is an accessible changing area on the level at reception with pull cords
- Reception of the leisure club is manned by trained assistants
Grounds and Gardens
- We have 4 acres of beautiful grounds with grass lawns, trees and flower beds
- There is a terrace outside the Conservatory Restaurant and also outside the leisure club to enjoy the views of the garden
- Our Spa is on -1 level in the Kingsclub and Spa with an elevator access
- The spa is all on a level with wooden floors
- Door width is 880mm into the spa, nail bar and treatment rooms
- Their is a relaxation area with 4 low sofas to enjoy
- nearest accessible WC is 12m to elevator and up one level then 4m to WC
Conference and Meeting Rooms
- We have 3 meeting rooms just off reception on the ground floor and all are level, with an additional 4 rooms in our Kingsmills Suite. The suite has 5 steps down and is accessible by elevator
- Door width to the Kingsmills Suite is 1760mm, to the Adams Room and Burns Room is 1500mm and to the MacLeod is 870mm
- The Kingsmills Suite has a hearing loop
- Tables are 695mm in height
- Distance to nearest accessible WC from the Kingsmills Suite is 9m and 40m in all other meeting rooms
- All staff are trained to assist guests who may have a disability
- Raigmore Hospital is a short distance from the hotel down a slight incline
- grid reference – Easting 267468, Northing 844606
Address: The Kingsmills Hotel,Culcabock Road, Inverness, IV2 3LP
Telephone: 01463 237166
Grid Reference: Easting267468 Northing844606
Hours Of Operation: 24 hours per day
Local Equipment Hire: Mobility scooter repairs and mobility aids hire . Able Care 01463 233900 Seafield Road Inverness and Mobility Equipment Inverness – Scooters, wheelchairs and walking aids. 0844 9210158
Local Accessible Taxi: Inverness Taxi Company 01463 717777
Local Public Transport: Numbers 2 and 5 buses into the city centre from Kingsmills Road.